I am a free software, digital commons and digital privacy hacktivist. I actively practice using science and technology for promoting the idea of commons, decentralization, peer-2-peer(p2p) communication and knowledge production. I believe that all human beings in a society, irrespective of their socio-cultural-economic background, should be able to take part in commons based production. In short I believe in a more inclusive society than a exclusive society.
I also assert that only when we actively participate in shaping our day to day life with respect to politics and economy we will be able to build a sustainable livelihood for ourselves and our neighbours. The current political and economic system is exclusive and makes us only passive participants (i.e we have no control and ownership over what we produce and at the same time we are treated as the subjects of consumerism).
Apart from the principles I hold, I also hold a masters degree (M.Tech NIE) in Computer Science specializing in Networks and Internet Engineering from Pondicherry Central University.
I am one of the founding members of the following tech. communities.
- Puducherry GNU/Linux Users Group (puduvaiglug).
- Free Software Users Group Pondicherry University (FSUGPU).
- Puducherry MeshNet (pymesh).
My other organizational affiliations include,
- Executive Committee member of Free Software Foundation Tamil Nadu (FSFTN).
- Executive Committee member of Free Software, Hardware Movement - Puducherry (FSHM-P).
- General Council member of Free Software Movement of India (FSMI).
- Executive Committee member of Pondicherry Science Forum (PSF).
- Volunteer at Maitri Social Science Collective (Maitri SSC).
I have appeared in few news channel debates defending Net Neutrality and protesting against UIDAI's Aadhar project.